Job – Creative Director / ACD
Landscape is a boutique design studio located in the Lower Haight in San Francisco, CA. We’ve been designing meaningful experiences for a diverse clientele for 6 years. We enjoy working collaboratively with forward-thinking clients, from global brands, established non-profits, emerging start-ups to individual artists and proprietors. Projects span the fields of architecture, interior design, technology, arts and culture, outdoors, hospitality, education, wellness and more.
Engagements typically include any combination of: Design Strategy, Naming, Brand Identity, Digital & Product Design, Environments, and diverse Content Creation.
Our team works collaboratively and intimately, and we expect consistent excellence from every team member. We’re also easy going and a lot of fun. The environment is casual, the work is challenging, honest, and fulfilling.
1. Creative Director (or Associate Creative Director TBD experience level)
2. Must be able to work in San Francisco
3. Full Time & Long Term
1. Tackle challenging design problems autonomously or, more likely, as the leader of a small to medium sized team. From initial scoping of engagement, leading design (hands-on), to timely delivery.
2. Act as the direct point of contact for existing and new clients. Lead presentations, correspondence, and feedback.
3. Mentor less experienced designers and lead by example.
4. Participate in business development, thought leadership, general management, and recruiting within the studio.
5. Inspire your team to create work that is both original and effective.
6. Stay ahead of emerging design trends and act as a conduit for this knowledge for the studio.
7. Be flexible and positive.
5-10+ Years of Experience
Proven Team Leader (Brand & Digital)
World Class Visual Designer
Exceptional Problem Solver
Highly Capable UX / Interaction Designer
Strategic Design/Business Thinker
In Depth Knowledge of Typography
Ability to Successfully Negotiate Vendor/Partner Agreements
Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch Expert
Abreast of Current Design Trends (digital and brand specifically)
Excellent Time Management
Knowledge of Social Media Trends
Motion Graphics / 3D (a plus)
Front End Development Skills (a plus)
Naming Experience (a plus)
+ Studio 401K
+ Studio Health Plan
+ General Studio Benefits
+ Annual Salary
How to Apply: Send a single email. The Subject Line should read: Creative Director at Landscape
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Link to specific relevant work samples or PDF (no zip files please)
• A resume (not linkedin)
• A letter that describes why you would be an ideal candidate for this position and your interest in Landscape specifically.
Note that due to the volume of applicants we receive for postings, we will not be able to respond to everyone. A sincere thanks for both your interest and time.